Wednesday 3 October 2007

Our new house

Hello and welcome to a new part of my blog.

In this section I am going to record the ups and downs of building a new house. This is new to me and I had never thought I would do anything like this.

Since our move to Romania in December 2006 we have been looking for a house. At present we live in a two room apartment which we have had for a few years and has been great to use on our many visits from the UK to Romania bringing aid and resources to a charity we have been working with. It is still a great place but if we want friends to visit and stay there is not much room for them. Also with my love of motorcycles I don't have anywhere to keep one other than on the street below.

We have seen a house half built and were interested in buying it but we did not like the position. We have decided to buy the bottom plot and have a similar house built on that plot. If you go to our web site there are some pictures of the house we first saw.

We are at the stage of drawing up contracts with the builder for the work he will do and to buy the land and house.

When the house is basically built, (foundations, walls, roof etc.) then I will take over putting in windows and finishing off the inside. Even though I am basically a practical person there will be some things I will not be able to do. One thing that springs to mind is the fact that every time I have tried to plaster large areas I get the plaster on and then it falls off.

I am sure there will be problems along the way but also there will be the satisfaction and knowledge that I have built the house.

I will post back at different stages along the way though I don't expect much will happen in the next month.

See you next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kristen, though you are looking at an old post. If you want to see the house we have bought and are renovating go to www.paxo.me.uk and click on the house page.

Paxo